Charter Keck Cramer is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information. This Website Privacy Notice explains our policy for dealing with personal information that we collect through our website www.www.china.charterkc.com.au .
Throughout this Policy, we refer to your “personal information” which means information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. Your home address and home telephone number are examples of personal information.
We will post any changes to this Website Privacy Statement on the Website, so we encourage you to check this Website Privacy Statement from time to time.
The information about you which we may collect through the Website includes:
- Information collected when you register your details within the Research Access area of the site, which includes personal information such as your name and contact details
- Any messages or comments you submit to us via the Website, eg. through an email;
- information you provide by email, where you have used that website to apply for a position with Charter.
- You may browse some information-only areas of the Websites without providing any personal information.
In common with many commercial websites we may also collect aggregated information which tells us about visitors to the Websites but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the Website is most commonly accessed. This information is used by us to help to administer and improve the Website.
The Website uses ‘cookies’, small text files which are placed on your hard drive to store information.
Use and disclosure of information
We will use or disclose personal information that we collect through the Website:
- In accordance with this Website Privacy Notice
- For the main purpose(s) for which we collected it, or for related purposes which you would reasonably expect, which may include:
- Subject to the Privacy Act 1988, to provide you with information relating to Charter or promotional details about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you have previously advised us that you do not wish to be contacted for those purposes, purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of the Website.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to personal information
If you wish to request access to the personal data that we hold, please contact our Business Information Systems manager via the “Contact details” below. Before we provide you with access to your personal information we will require a proof of identity.
Charter Keck Cramer will endeavour to provide access to your personal information free of charge, if there is however significant effort needed to provide the relevant personal information a reasonable fee may be charged.
Changing personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is up-to-date, accurate and complete. If you wish to update or correct your personal information held by us please contact our Business Information Systems Manager to have the information corrected.
In the usual course of business we will allow access or make changes to personal information. In some instances there may be a valid reason to withhold the information or not make the requested changes. Charter Keck Cramer will provide reasoning if access is denied
Disclosure to overseas recipients
In the unlikely event Charter Keck Cramer discloses personal information to an overseas recipient, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the recipient will not be in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles.
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or wish to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you may contact us as set out below:
Assistant Legal Counsel
Direct: +61 (0) 3 8102 8954